Update from the track - Menari
The trekkers are all travelling well and are in good spirits! The track is quite slippery and muddy. They have a large support crew from PNG that are delivering friendly support along the Kokoda Track, delicious meals and entertaining the trekkers each night with their voices.
Tonight on the menu was wood fired pizzas with chocolate bananas for dessert. The trekkers are enjoying lots of banter and providing support to each other.
A couple of highlights of the track so far are:
* delicious 4.00am buffet breakfast at the Lamana Hotel before an early flight to Popondetta
* the War Memorial and the Kokoda Plateau, the site of a vicious battle between Australia and the Japanese in 1942
* the incredible memorial at the Isurava battle site
* the Myola airfield and hospital site
* beautiful swims in the crisp mountain rivers
* the emotional Brigade Hill battle site
*Photo from Deniki morning of day 2